A Few of Our Favorite Things
popping up this spring
1. Reserve one of blue Holy Spokes bikes located all around town and explore Charleston like a local. Get in on the NEW $12 per day unlimited.
2. On March 17th, stake out a good spot along the sidewalk on King Street to watch the St. Patrick’s Day parade starting at 10am. Map of route and reasons to stay downtown and celebrate all day long HERE. In need of the all day long pair of shoes? Charleston is home of one of the few Rangoni Shoe Store. Get a glimpse of all the new arrivals in their latest catalog.
3. Spring Trunk Show are EVERYWHERE. But, there's a few we are looking forward to attending.
4. Head to the the Annual Oyster Roast on the lawn of historic Oakland Plantation from 1-4 pm, March 18th. Live music, all-you-can-eat oysters, chili, hot dogs, beer and wine, hay rides, kid activities and more!
5. Stroll winding walks amid beautiful plantings and towering trees at Hampton Park, a favorite of locals, and then stop for a beer and the best burger in town at the nearby Rutledge Cab Company. And if it happens to be Monday night—you get the house burger for 5 bucks!
7. Who resist the iconic Top Gun? Our favorite vintage Tom! Watch it again at The Restoration at 75 Wentworth St on March 22. Just $10 gets you a ticket, popcorn, movie candy and soft drink. Adult beverages available for purchase. Doors open at 7pm.
8. Stroll through Middleton Place’s famous camellias in the oldest landscaped gardens in America on a tour led by an expert through March 17th. Included in admission, but reservations recommended. And if you prefer a little french wine with your camellias —this is your chance.
9. Catch a glimpse into Charleston’s food scene on this 2.5-hour culinary tour. Shop at the Charleston Farmers Market alongside a chef, who will create a 5-course brunch out of the ingredients you purchase while you take a 45-minute guided walking tour of the city. Tour ends at a restaurant, where you will share the chef’s meal with your group of 16 people or fewer.
10. Sol Surfers Surf Camp opens again on May 28 and runs through August 17. Space fills faster than a monster wave so reserve an unforgettable week ASAP for your kids with surfer extraordinaire Kai Dilling.